Interested in knowing more about the deeper teachings of yoga?
Are you ready to explore how these relate to your life & your practice?
The Roots of Yoga, now available in audio format, is designed to help you grow your understanding of the wisdom teachings of yoga, step by step.
New easy format (audio) New price ($75)
Roots of Yoga Part 1 examines important ideas and terms that make it much easier to appreciate the teachings and texts of yoga.
The course helps you clarify & ground your personal yoga experience within a bigger context that connects you to a longstanding line of yogis across the ages.
Roots of Yoga Part 2 builds on Part 1. Here we explore some of the less talked about but surprisingly open secrets of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra. Then, we embark on an investigation of the beautiful teachings of the non-dual tantric tradition of Kashmir Shaivism.
This audio course is a valuable investment for:
- Yoga teachers who already have some yoga philosophy background but are looking for guidance and structure.
- Yoga practitioners drawn to yoga philosophy & teachings who are looking for ways to get started in the process of study.
Even if you have studied with me before, I guarantee you will learn a lot through this course!
ROY 1 & ROY 2 COURSE FORMAT
While both Roots of Yoga cycles are structured as 6-week courses, you are free to take as much time as you need to work through the material.
What you will receive:
- Downloadable audio lectures & guided practices in mp3 format, as well as written notes that track and sometimes expand on what is being covered. Links to the material are sent out once a week (on Wednesdays) for 6 weeks. Most weeks include two 20-30 min. lectures, plus practice support. Expect a total of 60-75 minutes of study, contemplation and practice time per week.
- Access to a private Facebook group where there will be ongoing discussions and contemplations relevant to the material covered for those who wish.
- Access to material will be for at least one year from the time of registration.
You are free to dip in to the material whenever it works for you. There is no pressure to complete the course within the 6-week time frame.
Roots of Yoga, Part 1 is the first step in an ongoing course of study, and the main pre-requisite for Part 2.
SEE THE PART 1 COURSE OVERVIEW BELOW.
(Part 2 overview is available to graduates of Part 1)
PART 1 COURSE OVERVIEW
Week 1: Orientation to the Course & What’s in a Word?
You are already doing yoga. Now, how about broadening the scope of your understanding of what yoga is. We’ll explore its history, purpose(s), practices, the word itself, and how to maximize our experience.
Week 2: The Selfie & the Self
Stories about demons and deities from the Upanishads meant to educate and inspire you. Explore self-image and the koshas. What do the Self and the selfie have in common?
Week 3: Enlightenment. Really.
The “ordinary” human condition is not the ultimate experience. Hear what different traditions say about why this is so, and what to do about it.
Week 4: Study Lifelines #1
Get comfortable with key notions, terms and contexts to ground your understanding and prepare the soil for further study. (Karma, samskaras, maya and much more on the agenda.)
Week 5: Study Lifelines #2
Knowledge really can liberate. Practices and techniques for effectively absorbing knowledge so that it evolves into wisdom.
Week 6: Great Paradoxes of the Yoga Tradition
Hear about fire and nectar, transcendence and immanence, the extraordinary in the ordinary and other paradoxes we encounter on the journey of yoga.
ROY 1, self-directed course: $75 + taxes ($86.23)
ROY 2, self-directed course: $75 + taxes ($86.23)
Send an e-transfer (preferred), or register via PAYPAL HERE